Wednesday, January 9, 2008


We arrived back in Georgia the day before yesterday. Peace Corps picked us up at the airport and transported us back to our site. It is freezing – minus 20 degrees Celsius. We don’t think we have ever experienced this level of cold. Thank goodness for all those hot water bottles!

Firstly, our apologies to everyone for not sending out greetings cards this year. It is virtually impossible to do so from Georgia and on our travels we simply did not have time. We will be sending emails now that we are back and snowbound.

The hot water bottles, gloves, headlights, etc. were a great hit with our family here. Many, many thanks to Jeannie and Diana for shopping for us.

2 comments:

mom.moeling said...

Happy New Year Bob and Gill!
Just read your blog and still haven't warmed up. I have never seen weather as cold as you have there. Yipes.
Your request for travel information reminded me of our trip to Quito. After you guys left, we got to go see the big market and the regular grocery store. I love to check out local groceries wherever we are. This country or other. If you make an itinerary for me, include groceries, please.
Hope your vacation was fun. I chuckled when I saw your family in their headlights because my nephew gave me one just like those. I look quite chic walking the dog or hopefully, soon, paddling in the dark.
Take good care.
Love, Barbara

fatos kaba said...

dear gill and bob,
i haven't had a chance to read your blog since its early days; therefore, am delighted to realize that you became such seasoned georgians in a few months! I am quite jealous of you as you seem to be having great fun and doing excellent work for the kids.
i wish you both a very happy and healthy new year and hope that the fun continues, much love,
fatos