Friday, April 17, 2009

Erica and Giga have come over for a week or so. On the day before my birthday we went off to a local restaurant and had dinner.

Giga, Erica, me and Gill


On my birthday, I went to school and the children sang happy birthday for me! After lessons, the teachers had a supra in the staff-room to celebrate my birthday. They supplied the food, and I the booze!


On the day following, Valeri and Marina had a big supra in a new restaurant just outside Borjomi to celebrate my birthday. There were about thirty friends there and the food and drink were really great. As is the norm in such supras, everyone toasted me, wishing me long life and happiness!
Tako and Dmitri gave given me a present.



Giga toasting


Mako toasting



Nino toasting


Teko toasting


Dmitri toasting



Marina toasting


Nino and Keti toasting


Teko rests on Dmitri's shoulder


Mako, Valeri and Erica.

No comments: